Submitting your writing for critique may feel like a risk. What if my writing isn’t good enough? What if my ideas are stupid? What if I’ve worked so hard for nothing?
What if you’ve come this far only to let the perceived risk keep you from taking the next step?
A critique from an industry professional offers many benefits, including
- a knowledgable evaluation of your strengths as a writer and an assessment of areas for continued growth.
- an educated evaluation of your project including craft, content, and structure.
- the assurance that you’re submitting your best possible work to agents and editors or for self-publication.
- encouragement to keep going, keep working, and keep writing.
- clarity for your next step.
- Query Letters
- Book Proposals
- Fiction Synopses
- Partial or Complete Manuscripts (Fiction and Non-Fiction)
I do not critique:
- Erotica or sexually explicit material
Critiques are done using the track changes feature in Microsoft Word which gives you a fully annotated review of your manuscript: comments, feedback, and encouragement. Each critique is accompanied by a summary that highlights the strengths of the manuscript, points out areas of suggested improvement, and offers craft instruction through links to pertinent posts, resources, and teaching.
Please refer to the formatting requirements.
- Articles and devotionals: $5.00 per page
- Query Letters – 1 page: $25.00
- Fiction Synopsis – 1 page: $40.00
- Book Proposal, including three sample chapters (60 page maximum) $275.00
- First 10 pages: $40.00 – Take advantage of this special price to get a feel for the critique process
- First 50 pages: $200.00
- Partial manuscript:
- 1 – 99 pages: $5.00 per page
- 100 – 199 pages: $4.50 per page
- Full manuscript: $4.00 per page (minimum 200 pages)
To submit your work first reference the formatting requirements then complete the submission form, upload your file, and checkout. It’s just that easy. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
I look forward to working with you!